Love Sourdough bread? Fed up of Sourfaux? Mystified by making your own? Want to be guided through the basics of baking mouthwatering bread? In this full day introduction to sourdough bread course you will learn to make a range of delicious sourdough breads from simple organic ingredients.
Bake a sourdough loaf to be proud of. Learn about the rise of Real Bread. Get to grips with the key ingredients necessary to make good sourdough in this introduction to sourdough bread course. Practice different kneading and shaping techniques to make your loaves. Understand your starters’ needs. How to spot when things go wrong. Have a go at scoring your dough. We will also explore equipment needed to make your sourdough loaf. There will be plenty of time for questions and printed handouts will be given to each participant. Please note this class focusses on gluten based sourdough only.
- Class sizes are small, no more than 4 participants to ensure you will gain individual attention and have time to ask questions
- No previous experience in bread or baking is expected.
- All students are actively encouraged to roll their sleeves up and get sticky and floury.
- Tie your hair back, wear comfortable clothes, shoes and bring an apron.
- A light lunch/ supper will be served during the course, as well as tea, coffee and soft drinks throughout the day.
At the end of your course you will:
- Be presented with a bag of the goodies that you have created.
- Receive a starter pot with some of my starter, to get you going.
- Have a printed copy (or can be sent digitally) of all recipes used in class.
- Be given guidance notes to reproduce the loaves made.
- Receive a bread book reading list, plus suggested online groups to follow and some other treats.