This is a half day hands on course where students will learn the practicalities and principles of how to bake different kinds of basic bread. We will discuss the key ingredients to make good bread then mix, knead and shape various doughs. During the course of the session we will make a plain white or wholemeal loaf and buns, a seeded dough, a soda bread and a fougasse. We will explore different rising agents, the best baking conditions and the equipment needed. There will be plenty of time for questions. Please note this class focusses on gluten based breads only.
- Class sizes are small, no more than 4 to ensure you will gain individual attention and have time to ask questions
- No previous experience in bread or baking is expected.
- All students are actively encouraged to roll their sleeves up and get sticky and floury.
- Tie your hair back, wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring an apron.
- A light lunch/ supper will be served during the course. And tea, coffee, soft drinks will be readily available
- At the end of the course you will be presented with a bag of goodies created by your own fair hands with recipes, guidance, recommended bread books & web sites to follow and some other treats.
Click here to return to all classes.