‘Fun, useful, productive’
Madeline Wetterhahn, Artisan Bakes – Sweet Bakes, November 2019
Hettie Sykes, Artisan Bakes – Sweet Bakes, October 2019
Make artisan bread and other sweet bakes with me on this one day course. Weigh, mix, knead, rest and shape different sweet doughs and choose from a selection of different fillings for your bakes.There will be plenty of time for questions throughout the session as we prepare a brioche dough – based on my award-winning cranberry brioche, a babka and two types of sweet buns. We will discuss ingredients, baking conditions and essential equipment.You will leave with a set of recipes, guidance notes, a warm bag of your handmade sweet baked treats and a big smile on your face. Allergen note: Please note this class focusses exclusively on gluten-based bakes with the inclusion of eggs, milk and butter.
Class Times 10:00 – 15:00 (weekdays) / 12:00 – 17:00 (Saturday dates)
- Class sizes are small, no more than 4 to ensure you will gain individual attention and have plenty of time to ask questions
- No previous experience in bread or baking is expected just enthusiasm to learn.
- You are actively encouraged to roll your sleeves up and get sticky and floury.
- Tie your hair back, wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring an apron.
- A light lunch/ snacks will be served during the course.
- Tea, coffee and soft drinks will be readily available throughout the day.
- At the end of the course you will be presented with a bag of goodies created by your own fair hands with recipes, guidance, recommended bread books & web sites to follow plus some other treats.
Click here to return to all classes.